Facing the new schedule of the Sanitary Restriction, Riteve is doing many efforts to keep giving the service of the inspection in the shortest time possible; just as this service has been characterized.
As it has already been mentioned, the Vehicular Technical Inspection (VTI) is procedure of road safety that must go on, and that it is more important in the middle of the crisis since it is essential to avoid accidents now that the security and health authorities are in charge of the control of the COVID-19.
The RTV stations are working just by appointment and with only one person per vehicle; among other regulations of social distancing and hygiene, from 8am to 5pm from Monday through Friday. With the recent guidelines of Sanitary Restriction by the license plate number, some users will have to reschedule their appointment either because of their license plate number or because they have it scheduled on a Saturday. This is why RTV has opened a special schedule (from 6am to 8am) to reschedule these spaces in the shortest time possible. Later, the general schedule will be from 6am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
During the beginning of this week, employees of the stations have been calling each user that had the appointments programed and that will not be able to attend it due to the Restriction; so that they can have the VTI sooner. All of this is done under the guideless stablished by the sanitary authorities.
“As a summery, we have opened the space of 6am to 8am exclusively to reschedule all the appointments that will not be able to attend because of their license plate number restriction or because they had the appointment on a Saturday. Once we have rescheduled all these cases, that schedule will be available for all the public from 6am to 5pm,” explained Jennifer Hidalgo, Assistant Manager of Communications and Social Responsibility of Riteve.
Hidalgo added that Riteve is making big efforts to keep supporting the country and its partners by still giving the service with the same speed that the public is used to, but sticking to the constant changes dictated by the authorities.
- From previous weeks, Riteve has been stablishing different protocols to prevent any risk of contagion:
- It is recommended that the least vulnerable member of the family does the VTI.
- It is assisted only by appointment
- Only one person per vehicle.
- Measurements of distancing and capacity during the process at the front desk are kept.
- Alcohol gel and disinfectants for the surfaces are provided for the personnel of Riteve and the users.
- The driver is asked; guided by the inspector, to do the internal inspection of the vehicle by himself so that the personnel of Riteve does not have to manipulate the steering wheel, the parking brake, seat belts; among others.
- It is emphasized that if a person has symptoms or has been diagnosed with COVID-19, he should not come to the stations.